On your part, ignition seems simple. You either insert your key into the ignition cylinder or press the "Start" button if you have one. However, there's a lot more to it when you look under the hood.
How Ignition Works
When you take initiate the process by turning the key or pressing that button, your battery, ignition coil, and starter solenoid respond by sending an electric charge to your spark plugs. The spark plugs capture that charge and use it to enflame a mixture of fuel and oxygen inside your engine. The result? The combustion you need to power your way down the road.
How to Spot Ignition Issues
Unfortunately, even the best ignition can go bad over time. Signs of trouble include:
- Inability to press the button or turn the key in the ignition
- Flickering dashboard lights
- Your vehicle repeatedly stalls
- The starter motor doesn't respond
- You're unable to start your Saab vehicle at all
Buy Genuine Saab Ignition Parts Online and Save
If you need to replace an ignition component, be sure to get the right one for your vehicle. Saab makes the only ignition parts that are guaranteed to be compatible with your model. Even better? We sell those authentic Saab ignition parts at affordable prices, meaning you keep more of your hard-earned money where it belongs. Find everything you need in our online auto parts catalog, in stock and ready to ship. Buy now!
No results found for "ignition, spark plug, solenoid, starter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!